Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Best Batman: The Animated Series from the Nostalgia Critic

Best Batman: The Animated Series from the Nostalgia Critic
He has a very good list of the episodes that were his favorites. I just wanted to add my two cents to some of his own favorites.
~Beware of the Gray Ghost: I really liked this one too, and would probably be higher on my list if it weren’t for the lame villain.  Adam West as the Gray Ghost was a brilliant idea.  West seems to be channeling his own life as the former Batman in the role.  The Gray Ghost is more of the Shadow/the Phantom homage than the old 1960’s Batman show. 
~The Man Who Killed Batman:  This one is not really one of my favorite episodes.  I do the gangster aspects of the episode.  I do like that the Joker shows up and feels bad about Batman’s “death”. 
~Mad Love:  This would be in my top five.  I love this Harley Quinn episode.  I’ve always been a huge fan of Joker’s female sidekick.  The creators of the show invented her first and the comic universe took her in as well.  The episode shows us the chilling abusive relationship between the Joker and Harley.  The Joker even tries to kill her.  This is not a child’s episode. 
~Two-Face:  Yes, the Two Face episodes are very dark and tragic.  Harvey Dent showed up in a few episodes earlier as a normal character and sometimes an ally to Batman.  They changed the origin of Two Face for the better.  They added the split personality.  I believe these changes were added to the comic version too.   The Dark Knight strongly hints at this origin too.  The episode also strongly hints at Two Face’s henchmen being killed.
~Over the Edge:  We see Batgirl die brutally with her body being thrown through Gordon’s car window.  But it was all a dream. 
~The Trial:  I liked the fact all of Batman’s villains come together to bring Batman to trial. 
~Almost Got Em:  Best line “I threw a rock at him.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...