Tuesday, August 16, 2011

*A wiki of math blogs by established mathematicians*

A while ago, Terence Tao sent me this great link to a list of professional math blogs. As many of you know, I am an amateur mathematician which means that there is every chance that you may find mistakes and typos on this blog.

I am very open to corrections and I am proud to tell you that whenever anyone finds a mistake, I am very careful to update the blog accordingly.

My goal in this blog is to provide an amateur's perspective on the history of number theory from the perspective of Fermat's Last Theorem. Based on the many comments I have received, I feel some satisfaction that for many folks out there, I have achieved this goal.

Even as I feel that an amateur's perspective can shed light on understanding the foundations of mathematics, there is no substitute for the insights of the greatest mathematical minds and the writings of today's professional mathematicians. My writing should at all times be a supplement to these authoritative viewpoints.

Please take a look at this list of blogs. Here is a great way to find out about the viewpoints of professional mathematicians.

Special thanks to Terence Tao for sending me these links.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...